Sunday, March 2, 2008

Texas Independence Day




On this 172nd anniversary of Texas' declaration of independence from Mexico, I stand in awe of the bravery and ultimate sacrifice shown by the men and women, Texan & Mexican, during the struggle for an independent and free Texas. Although it was a very long time ago, we need to remember that those that gave their lives were real people, who left behind loved ones, as our brave American soldiers in Iraq & Afghanistan have done for the last five years. I am so very proud of our AMERICAN troops who are away from home fighting for the name of freedom while we stay home secure and free to do as we please. May God bless our troops and keep them safe. I love everything & everywhere Texas, especially the Frio River area that is our home. I could get up on my soap box and go on and on about why Texas is the best place to live, but I'll keep it to this short sentiment that is in my heart. Besides, yall know what I'm talkin about!




Well, the temps are staying warm, the Mountain Laurel is blooming, and the trees are showin green! I've been pretty absent in posting this winter, but I'm fixin to start puttin more on startin right now! I'll be out and about taking pictures and updatin yall and all that stuff we did last summer. I get around the area quite a bit, so if ya want to know what's happenin, holler at me.

Taken a couple weeks ago around the corner from Sundancer, Round Up, West of the Frio, Ladera Lantana, and Crooked Tree. Ain't he something! Not a native Texan, but welcome just the same.

That's it for tonight, be back soon!
FrioMan

5 comments:

cozmic said...

Groovy Frio Man, Groovy!

Cindy Casparis said...

Hey FrioMan, Looks like you are getting some rain out there this morning! We are coming out this Wed.and can't wait. Hope the Lord blesses you guys like he did last year with a full river. Maybe we will run into you this week, the kids are always on the look out for FrioMan:)

FrioMan...from the cave said...

Hey FrioFamily!
It's great to hear from yall. We got about 1.2" of rain yesterday,and we're ready for more. The Mountain Laurel is in bloom, the birds are showing up in large numbers, and you couldn't pick a better time for an off-season trip to the Frio. Holler at me if you get a chance.
FrioMan

cozmic said...

Great stay! Got a chance to see the mountain laurels in bloom for the first time. The aroma and the flowers were beautiful. Hanging On is our favorite. Deer beside the cabin and deer playing in the lake below the cabin! Went swimming and hiking. Grandkids loved it.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.