Thursday, February 5, 2009

Flyin High

The other day, last Friday morning to be exact, Hondo and I went to visit our good friend Bruce, on a ranch near Concan. It was a beautiful, still morning, and he invited me to go for a ride in his power parachute.


Wellllll, as I like my feet planted firmly on the ground, I politely declined and decided to enjoy the show while shooting pictures of his flight. He was in the air before we knew it!



Gaining altitude quickly, turning, dipping, ohhhh, what a great decision I made!!


He buzzed us a few times before headin out over the mountains.


Talk about nosebleed, he told Hondo later that he reached an altitude of 6000 feet!
He was gone for awhile, flying over and around the Frio River & Concan.


A little later, and we can hear him coming in the distance. Just like that, he's back...


and landing safely on the ground. Darn, I knew I should have gone. Maybe next time!

Just another day in Paradise, enjoying good friends, nature, and a free air show.
Pray for rain.
Yall take care.
FrioMan
www.FrioMan.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks incredible! Dickie...you should have gone :)

oliverme said...

That is awesome!