Friday, March 6, 2009

The Alamo, Kickin Back & cool lookin deer...

173 years ago today. The fall of the Alamo. Lest we forget.







The pool at Kickin Back, is going to be one of the most popular spots in Concan, that isn't on the River. KB is one of the really cool, new vacation homes that we have to offer Frio River visitors.
Sleeps 14, cools down about that many, and is just minutes from the River.
Go to http://www.frioman.com/kickin-back.htm. But hurry, cuz it won't last long!
I know a bit about Kickin Back, but I haven't got any idea what kind of critters these are, in picture #2.


Gigi & I went to San Antonio yesterday, and about 9 miles towards Sabinal on TX 127, spotted these guys.

We saw them about the same time last year, just a short distance away on the Knippa hwy. I've heard what they are called twice, but can't remember how to say it, much less spell it! I'm told they are eating up the local farmer's winter wheat, and probably anything else that comes up green. If you know what kind of deer they are, please let me know.


No, it's not very warm in the Frio yet, but the swimmin hole at Vista del Rio and Butterflies r Frio is still just as deep & clear as it was late last summer. These homes are just 4 gates apart, and are fantastic places to vacation here in Concan...RIGHT ON THE RIVER!
Right Kelsea?


PRAY FOR RAIN.
FrioMan

FrioMan Vacation Lodging
Concan, Texas


866-7CONCAN---830-279-5973---830-988-FRIO

3 comments:

FrioMan...from the cave said...

Update: After a little research, I believe them to be Barasingha deer. Where in the heck did they come from...?
http://www.deer-pictures.com/barasingha_deer.html

Mimi said...

Hi ya Frioman!
I have had trouble signing into the blog for a long time now and just figured out the issue today, so here I am!
I have been missing me some frio river! Hopefully we will be visiting in a few months and hopefully you all are getting much needed rain today!

I have been waiting for the chance to tell you an amazing story about our last trip over there.
My husband lost his wedding ring during our summer trip in '07- I believe I even posted something about it on your blog at the time. He noticed the ring was missing near the second crossing and suspected he had lost it while searching for treasure near the third crossing. My nephew was treasure hunting and found it this past summer- it was under some rocks in the water in the vicinity of the river my husband suspected he had lost it! Quite amazing it was found 1 year later and even more amazing it was found by my nephew- how cool is that? He was given a finders fee of course :)

Talk at ya later
Mimi

Cindy Casparis said...

Those deer probably escaped some game hunting place. Its ashame if they are destructive.

The wedding ring story is an awesome one, she should write it up for the Leakey Star!

FrioMan you should be getting some much needed rain, I noticed the river flow is up and I can't wait to be there next week!