It's been awhile! Sometime back in November as I recall. Since then, nothin's happened.
Actually, we've had lots of cold weather, some much needed rains, wonderful Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays with family and friends, and good health.
But wait, you wanna know about the Frio, right? well...it's looking pretty good considering we've been in a drought for three out of the last four years. With less evaporation from the heat and the Cypress trees being dormant this time of the year, our Favorite River is holding it's own real well. Just picture it with a little more water in it than at any time you saw it in '09. My optimistic nature leads me to believe that sometime between now and summer, we'll get those big inches of H2o we've all been anticipating.
And speaking of the Frio River, we have added two new properties to the FrioMan Family of vacation homes...Casa Bonita, here in Concan, and Sparkling Frio, which is located just six miles north of Leakey. Both homes are located on beautiful, "droughtproof" stretches of the river, and are going to be extremely popular family vacation homes.
Sparkling Frio is situated on the Cypress lined banks of the east prong of the Frio River, just 6.5 miles north of Leakey off of US 83. A really cool house on a beautiful, quiet stretch of the Frio. Fish, swim, kayak, or just soak up the atmosphere in this serene setting. Sparkling Frio has 3 bedrooms, two baths , sleeps 14 guests (maximum) @ $425 per night.
Casa Bonita sits next door to Vista del Rio, one of our most popular vacation homes located directly on the Frio River. Under construction, this wonderful new 3 bedroom, 3 bath Hill Country home will have a 47" flat panel tv, loft with pool table, fireplace, and much, much more. It will accommodate a max of 20 guests, @ $550 per night. And it's small pet friendly!
And for some &*#%*!$$ area news. Even though we haven't been formally notified, the Uvalde county commisioners have voted to raise the occupancy tax that we collect from you!
It was at 0% last summer. Now it will be 4%, plus the 6% that goes to the State of Texas, for a grand total of 10%. Not good, but at least it's not back to the 12% that people paid for about 10 years.
Mark your calendars.
Saturday, March 6, Texas Independence Day(March 2) Celebration - Gary P. Nunn at House Pasture
Freedom Fest-House pasture March 11,12,13 concert-bbq cookoff-fun-fun-fun
That's it for now. Don't forget to call us for year-round vacation fun!
Be back soon!