Wednesday, July 11, 2007

CON CAN PIES

Hey Yall!
Last night, I told you I would let you in on a little secret, or was it something about the best desserts in the Frio Canyon.
Well, let me introduce you to Randy(Hondo) & Elaine Spence, great friends and the proprietors of Con Can Pies. These fine folks put out a generous variety of the most scrumptious pies, cakes, & cobblers, to be found......well, just about anywhere.


And who can resist a fresh baked pie? Better get there early, because they go fast.
They are open from 11:00 a.m. daily(closed Tuesdays), til they run out. The runnin out is the bad news. The good news is, that you can order ahead for the next day(full payment required when placing your order), and not have to rush down there hoping there's something left for your dessert at lunch.
How do you find Con Can Pies? Ya can't miss 'em. Just look for their sign on River Road(CR 348), while going toward the second crossing. Tell 'em FrioMan sent you!





AND REMEMBER(see below)



Oh yeah, the Frio River is muy fantastico! Come on out and join the fun.

Later, FrioMan


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Frioman,
Quick question, Are there sherriff of police officers floating the river now in kayaks? I heard this from someone here at my place of work, but I dont know if there a credible source. I really would like it if there is police floating the river, the last time I was there I had such a great time, but there was a group of rowdy college kids that were just ruining it for me and my family. Thanks for the blog, and keep it up, its our connection with everything concan!

FrioMan...from the cave said...

Hey David
Can't say for sure, but between the Uvalde County Sheriff's Dept., TP&WD, and the TABC, I'm sure they are working hard trying to keep problems down and everybody safe.
Unfortunately, we occasionally have 'visitors' to Concan who don't have much respect for others or the River. But for the most part, Concan & the Frio River is still a great FAMILY destination.
Sure sorry to hear about the problems you had, and hope you keep comin back.(and hopefully, that group won't) FrioMan

CCCOLEMAN said...

Hey Frioman, I have heard that the Frio hasn't gotten rain since September. So, do you know how low the river is now and how low do you think it will be sometime around July?