Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Remember Stacy and the paranoid hubby?


Well, here they are glubbing over Comanche Crossing on July 26. (see Comanche Crossing-July)
Good job Stacy(you were driving...right?)
From Stacy just yesterday:
"I thought you would get a kick out of this picture. This was on the 26th of July. I was the one who's husband was worried about getting across the Comanche Creek Crossing because of all the rain and the river being up. The other people in our group took the picture as they waited for us to cross. They all have 4x4 trucks and ours is just a 1500. The people standing on the other side were doing the same thing cause they were not sure if they could make it or not. LOL My son even put his life jacket on! Just in Case. LOL Thanks again. Keep up the good work. LOVE THE FRIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I'm sure glad Stacy sent this photo & story to be posted on FrioMan Blog, and it would be great to get more. So, get busy pickin out some great shots from your Frio River vacation and email them to me, along with some info about your trip.
The heat is on, and there were lots of folks on the River today staying cool. River conditions are super, so yall better get on out here.
Take care, FrioMan

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Frioman! We just got back tonight after one heck of a drive! It took us close to 8 hours (normally about 5). Started pouring rain right outside of Sabinal and that continued until we got about 40 miles east of San Antonio- it rained nearly the entire way to Houston but not like the torrential rain we encountered along Hwy 90 through SA. We barely missed all the flooding on Hwy 90/I-10.

What fun we had while we were there! The river is perfect and we could not have asked for better weather! I hope you all did not end up with any of that horrible rain we had to drive through.

I will email ya some of the pics we took while there. We took quite a few- in fact my sister had her engagement pictures taken while we were there- they turned out so great! I was hoping to see ya around because I wanted to take a pic of you and send it to ya but never saw you :( I did see your sign on the rental property overlooking the river right down from Bunk falls. That is a great location and I am going to check into staying there the next trip because I just love the deck overlooking the river- in fact I believe I took a pic of it- if so I will send it to ya :)

Oh yeah, also wanted to mention I got me one of them sacks for trash- worked great! Even picked up some other trash I found along the way. Thanks for mentioning this on the blog!

Well gotta run and start unpacking :( Seems the trip is never long enough. I already miss it and I have not been gone 10 hours yet. Can't wait to get back up there- hopefully it will be only a few months.

PS- Hubby lost his wedding ring while floating the river, so if ya find one give me a hollar :)
Mimi

FrioMan...from the cave said...

Hey Mimi, great to hear from you! I just got back in from takin some pics for a new post, and people were everywhere on the River. That was fifteen minutes ago, and it just started pouring down...now it's lettin up some. Oh well.
Thank You for doin your part in cleanin the Frio, we all appreciate it. And I really appreciate you getting on FrioMan Blog before you even unpacked...LOL
I wish you woulda hollered so I could have met you and your bunch, maybe next time.That's tough about the ring, I hate to hear that.
I'm lookin forward to the pictures, so get em to me.
Take care, FrioMan